More Vegetable Steamer Recipes
Asparagus with Wasabi Mayonnaise
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
- Two-three cups baby aragula or baby spinach leaves
- Two bunches fresh asparagus
For wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Two egg yolks
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Two teaspoons wasabi paste to taste
- Two scallions (spring onions) green part only, thinly sliced
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash asparagus with water and snap off or trim the woody base.
Place in the steamer basket or bamboo steamer.
- Partially pour the pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid
simmer. Make sure the steamer does not touch the water.
- Put the steamer over water, cover and steam for 5-10 minutes
until asparagus is tender.
- Drop the asparagus into cold water to stop cooking.
- Arrange asparagus on arugula leaves.
- To make wasabi mayonnaise, mix egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and
pepper in a blender and process until smooth.
- While the blender is running, add oil in a thin stream gradually
until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in wasabi, mixing well until no lumps remain.
- Serve as a salad with wasabi mayonnaise spread over and
garnished with scallions.