Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 250 g (8 oz) ground chicken, minced
- Four scallions (spring onions), finely chopped
- ¼ clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- One tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- Two teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 16 round wonton or pot sticker wrappers (gow gee)
- chili sauce
For chili sauce
- One small fresh red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- One clove garlic, crushed
- One tablespoon water
- One tablespoon packed palm or brown sugar
- Two teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- Combine scallions, chicken, garlic, peanuts, chili sauce,
cilantro and fish sauce.
- Place wrappers on a work surface and cover with a damp kitchen
- Put 1 wrapper on a work surface or take each wrapper and place
in a gow gee.
- Put 2 teaspoons filling in the centre of wrapper.
- Brush edges of wrapper with water, close or fold in half to
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel and do the same process with the
remaining wrappers and filling.
- Put dumplings in a steamer or steamer basket along with
parchment or baking paper. Make sure to leave some space for the
heat to circulate.
- Fill a wok or pot with water and bring to a rapid simmer, make
sure that the steamer or basket should not touch the water.
- Put the steamer over the boiling water and cover.
- Steam for 10 minutes and serve with chili sauce.
- For the chili sauce, combine all the ingredients, stirring
gradually until sugar is dissolved.