More Rice Steamer Recipes
Creamy Coconut Black Rice
Creamy Coconut Black Rice is rated
based on 3 votes.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes and overnight soaking time
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- One cup black glutinous rice
- One cup cold water
½ cups thin coconut cream or coconut milk
⅓ cup palm or brown sugar
- Two teaspoons grated lime or lemon zest
- pinch salt
- One cup thick coconut cream, optional
- One medium mango, peeled and sliced
- Put the rice in a bowl, add cold water to cover. Allow to soak
overnight, drain, and rinse well under cold running water.
- Put the rice and water in a bowl that fits in steamer basket or
- Pour the pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Put steamer over water, cover and steam for 40-45 minutes until
rice is tender.
- Remove the steamer from heat. Stir in thin coconut cream, sugar,
lime zest and salt.
- Cover and steam for 15-20 minutes to consistency of hot cereal.
- Spread thick coconut cream and serve with sliced mango.