More Meat Steamer Recipes
Ginger-sesame Pork Rolls
Ginger Sesame Pork Rolls is rated
based on 2 votes.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 250 g (8 oz) ground pork, minced
- Three scallions, finely chopped
- Two tablespoons chopped canned bamboo shoots
- One teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon five-spice powder
- Two teaspoons soy sauce
- One teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Eight bean curd sheets, about 5 by 6 inches (13 by 15 cm)
¼ small red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- Four scallions (spring onions) green tops only
For Hoisin and Ginger Sauce
¼ cup hoisin sauce
- Two tablespoons shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- Two teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- One clove garlic, crushed
- One scallion (spring onion), finely chopped
- In a large bowl, place scallions, pork, ginger, bamboo shoots,
soy sauce, five-spice powder and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Lightly brush bean curd sheets with cold water and place flat on
the work surface.
- Put 1/8 of mixture along the end of each sheet.
- Lay strips of red bell pepper and scallions along meat and push
gently until enclosed completely.
- Fold two sides of sheet in and roll up. Brush the remaining side
with water if necessary.
- Press down to seal.
- Fill a large pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Cover the bottom of bamboo steamer or steamer basket with
parchment paper or leaves, make sure to leave some space for the
heat to circulate.
- In a steamer, arrange the tofu rolls in a single layer.
- Put the steamer over water, cover and cook for 10 minutes until
pork mixture is firm.
- Take the rolls out from the steamer. Serve whole or slice the
rolls in a diagonal shape. Allow to stand with cut side up along
with ginger sauce and ginger for dipping.
- For the hoisin and ginger sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl.