More Dessert Steamer Recipes
Grand Marnier Creme Caramels
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 24-25 minutes
- One teaspoon grated orange zest
- One tablespoon Grand Marnier
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Two tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 ½ cups milk
- Four eggs
- Three tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons
of water. Melt sugar over low heat stirring constantly.
- Increase heat and boil for 4-5 minutes until mixture caramelizes
and turn to golden brown colour.
- Make sure not to burn the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into 6 small ramekins about 250 ml (8 oz) in
diameter, while tipping each dish to cover sides with caramel.
- Mix eggs and superfine sugar together until well blended. Stir
in milk, Grand Marnier, vanilla and zest.
- Pour custard into ramekins and cover with oiled aluminum foil or
a double layer of plastic wrap.
- Partially pour 30 cm (12 inch) pot or wok with water and bring
to a rapid simmer. Make sure the steamer does not touch the water.
- Place ramekins in 2 stacked bamboo streamer or two-tiered
- Put the steamer over water and steam for 20 minutes until
custard has set.
- Change baskets halfway through for even cooking.
- Remove the contents from the steamer and allow to cool.
- Cover each dish with a fresh sheet of plastic wrap and
refrigerate if needed.
- Place a plate over each custard and invert. Serve with fresh