More Dessert Steamer Recipes
Hot Mocha and Brandied Raisin Souflle
Preparation Time: 10 minutes and overnight soaking time
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
For brandy-soaked raisins
- ⅓ cup brandy-soaked raisins
- One teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Four eggs, separated and 1 extra egg white
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 125 g (4 oz) dark chocolate
- One cup brandy
⅓ cup raisins
- Put the raisins in an airtight jar and cover with brandy. Cover
the jar and allow to soak overnight. Drain.
- Lightly butter 6 cups souffle dish or a 250 ml (8 oz) ramekins.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl, then place the bowl in a steamer
basket or bamboo steamer.
- Place uncovered, over pot or wok of simmering water until
chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring constantly until
- Beat 4 egg yolks and coffee , stir into chocolate then mix
- Beat 5 egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, glossy peaks
- Stir one-third of egg whites into chocolate mixture, then
lightly fold in remaining whites.
- Drain raisins and divide them among prepared ramekins. Spread
chocolate mixture onto raisins using a spoon.
- Cover each ramekin with a piece of buttered parchment paper or
buttered plastic wrap.
- Partially pour the pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid
simmer. Make sure the steamer does not touch the water.
- Arrange ramekins on both levels of a two-level steamer, or large
souffle dish on one level.
- Place over water, cover and steam for 12-15 minutes until set.
- Serve immediately.