Simple Steamer Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives
Mashed Potaotes with Sour Cream Chives is rated
based on 16 votes.
For a healthier option, use low-sodium chicken broth and low-fat sour
cream. If you make it with regular sour cream, it is a more filling
dish, and along with green beans and garlic toast this dish makes a
great meatless meal that’s easy and quick.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: approximately 15 minutes
- 550-600 g (19-21 oz) potatoes (about 4 medium-size potatoes) unpeeled, cut
into approximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces
- ¼ cup warmed chicken broth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potato pieces in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover and steam for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add the broth, and mash the
potatoes either with a hand mixer or potato masher. Stir in the sour
cream and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.