Mussels with Garlic and Lime Butter
Mussels with Garlic and Lime Butter is rated
based on 9 votes.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4-6 minutes
- One teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 kg (2 lb) mussels
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Two cloves garlic, crushed
- Two tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Two tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- black pepper, cracked
- Using a nylon pad or stiff brush, scrub mussels under cold water
and pull off hair-like "beards".
- Discard any cracked mussels or do not close when tapped.
- Place the mussels in steamer basket or large bamboo steamer.
- Combine garlic, mix butter, parsley, lime zest, chives and
pepper in a bowl.
- Partially pour the pot or wok with water. Make sure the steamer
does not touch the water.
- Put the steamer over water, cover and steam for 4-6 minutes
until mussels open.
- Remove the mussels from steamer, spread butter mixture into each
shell using a spoon.
- Serve with a tossed green salad and crusty bread.