More Vegetable Steamer Recipes
Pork with Mustard Pear on Potatoes and Yams
Pork with Mustard Pear is rated
based on 1 votes.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes and 1-2 hours marinating time
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Three tablespoons soy sauce
- Three tablespoons honey
- Three tablespoons sherry
- Four pork chops, trimmed
- Four teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- One firm pear, peeled, cored and sliced into 6 mm (¼ inch)
- Three-four large potatoes, cut into 6 mm (¼ inch) pieces
- Two medium yams or kumara, cut into 6 mm (¼ inch) pieces
- Two large red onions, sliced into 6 mm (¼ inch) pieces
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Two tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as sage, parsley, thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Two tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Combine soy, sherry and honey. Pour over pork chops. Mix and
marinate for 1-2 hours, turning once. Drain and reserve the
- Add one teaspoon mustard, spread evenly on top of each pork
- Arrange pear slices diagonally across each chop.
- Toss yams, potatoes, onions, herbs, oil, salt and pepper in a
- Place the mixture in a 30 cm (12 inch) steamer basket or bamboo
steamer, spread evenly with pork chops on top.
- It's okay if potato slices overlaps just leave a small gap
between potatoes and edge of steamer allowing the steam to
- Pour the pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid simmer.
Makes sure the steamer does not touch the water.
- Put the steamer over water, cover and steam for 20-25 minutes
until chops and potatoes are cooked.
- If chops cook through before potatoes, simply remove and keep
warm until required.
- In a small saucepan, bring marinade to boil.
- Serve pork with hot marinade, yams and potatoes and sprinkle
with fresh parsley.