Simply Wonderful Steamed Broccoli with Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Steamed Broccoli with Cheddar Cheese Sauce is rated
based on 21 votes.
Broccoli goes with cheddar cheese sauce perfectly. Even fussy children
enjoy broccoli if itís dressed up in cheddar. Serve this alongside a
simple chicken dish, or even hamburgers, and you have yourself a
balanced, easy meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 bunch of broccoli, broken into pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ľ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black or white pepper
- ĺ cups milk
- Ĺ cup grated sharp Cheddar
To make cheddar sauce:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, and remove from heat
- Stir in seasonings and flour
- Slowly add milk, stirring until itís well mixed
- Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly, until thickened
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer, stirring, until smooth. Do not
allow to scorch
- Add cheese and stir until well blended.
To make broccoli:
- Pour water into the reservoir until it falls between the MIN and
MAX lines marked on the water container.
- Place broccoli pieces in center of steaming bowl, replace
- Steam for 5 to 10 minutes, testing to see when the pieces reach
the tenderness you like.