Easy Steamed Chinese Chicken with Mushrooms
Steamed Chicken Mushroom is rated
based on 72 votes.
Mushrooms give this simple chicken dish a nice, earthy flavor. Serve
over rice and add a side of green beans or carrots for a healthy dinner
everyone in the family will like.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 700 g (24 oz) assorted boneless chicken pieces
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms (reserve 1 tablespoon of the liquid
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Cut chicken into approximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces and place in
- Add all the other ingredients except mushrooms, ginger, and
green onion. Stir together and allow chicken to marinate while
waiting for steamer to heat up.
- Surround chicken pieces with mushrooms. Distribute shredded
ginger and green onion over all.
- Steam over boiling water for 20 minutes or until thoroughly