Splendid Steamer Sponge Cake
Steamer Sponge Cake is rated
based on 43 votes.
Did you know you can make sponge cake in your electric steamer? Itís one
of the most versatile desserts going. Add fresh berries or compote,
whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, or just have it on its own
with a nice cup of coffee for the perfect ending to a good meal.
Preparation time: 40 minutes (30 minutes of which is waiting time)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Ĺ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ľ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon walnut oil (or any light vegetable oil)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Parchment to line baking pan
- Line baking pan with parchment. (Pan must fit into steamer
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended. Beat in oil
and honey. Set aside and let stand 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in dry
ingredients. Pour batter into your parchment-lined pan.
- Place pan into steamer basket. Cover. Steam 30 minutes until
cake springs back lightly. Allow to cool several minutes before