More Rice Steamer Recipes
Sushi Tofu Pouches
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Two tablespoons Japanese pickled ginger
- Twenty scallions, green part only
- Two teaspoons wasabi paste (optional)
½ tablespoons rice vinegar
½ cups cold water
- Twenty seasoned tofu pouches
- sushi rice
½ small English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- Two tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- On medium heat toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan for 5
minutes or until
golden brown. Keep moving pan so the seeds do not burn.
- Put the sesame seeds and cucumber to sushi rice, slicing
through, not stirring.
- Mix evenly using a wooden paddle or spoon but make sure not to
squash the rice.
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel while preparing tofu pouches.
- Tofu pouches already have cut on one side. Open the cut side
gently esing your fingers inside to corners but make sure not to
break the skin.
- Dip fingers first before handling the rice.
- Shake off excess vinegar water. Pick up a small handful of rice
and place in pouch.
- Fold one side of pouch over rice, and then the other. Turn
upside down so opening is on the bottom.
- Place a kampyo strip across a work surface, put pouch on top,
and tie up loosely but carefully as pouches can break easily.
- Serve pouches with pickles if desired.