Thai Curry Fish
Thai Curry Fish is rated
based on 2 votes.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Two-three banana leaves, cut into 15 cm (6 inch) rounds
- 500 g (1 lb) white fish fillets finely diced
- Two tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- One tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
- One cup thick coconut cream
- Two eggs, beaten lightly
- One tablespoon fish sauce
- One cup Chinese cabbage leaves, finely shredded
- Two tablespoons thick coconut cream for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
- One fresh long red chili, seeded and thinly sliced for garnish,
- Plunge each banana leaf into hot water for 30-60 seconds until
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Fold each round and staple
into round or square custard cup, or use rounds to line oiled rice
bowls or ramekins.
- Partially pour the pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid
simmer. Make sure the steamer does not touch the water.
- Combine fish, curry paste, coconut cream, peanuts, eggs, fish
sauce, salt and pepper.
- Fill each banana cup with 1/6 fish mixture, then 1/6 shredded
cabbage, and place in a bamboo steamer or steamer basket covered
with parchment paper.
- Put the steamer over water, cover and steam for 10-15 minutes
- Garnish with a dollop of coconut cream and sliced chili if
- Serve while hot.